We’re Play Champions!
We’ve signed up to be play champions! We will:
- Promote the Play Charter for Scotland
- Highlight that every child has the right to play in line with Article 31 of the UNCRC and raise awareness of the importance of play for all babies, children and young people including those with disabilities and disadvantaged groups
- Ensure a commitment to play is more strongly embedded within policies, strategies, key qualifications and CPD training
- Ensure that children and young people are supported in their right to play and that play spaces are valued within communities
- Inspire individuals, play providers and organisations to promote a range of inclusive play opportunities
- Champion the place of children and young people in the public realm, supporting the sight and sound of children playing in our communities
- Highlight that children and young people need opportunities to play indoors and outdoors in welcoming and stimulating environments.