Playgroup meets twice a week for 2 ½ hours in Gargunnock Community Centre. Our sessions are intended for children aged 2 ½ to 5.
Playgroup employs 2 professionally qualified, part time playleaders who are responsible for the day to day running of the service. A voluntary committee manages both groups. A fee is charged for each session.
Each session combines free play, a structured expressive arts activity, snack, discussion time, songs and stories. We aim to encourage diversity of activity and to introduce new areas of enquiry.
Our aims are to:
- Recognise all children and adults as individuals with rights of their own
- Promote the importance of learning and development through play
- Encourage children to express themselves as individuals and as members of a group within a supportive environment
- Offer children a broad and balanced range of activities from which to choose.
We will achieve this by:
- Providing a safe, supportive environment for children and staff
- Providing a service that meets the changing needs of the parents and children
- Providing play and learning opportunities in accordance with Pre-Birth to Three and the Curriculum for Excellence
- Providing a wide variety of good quality resources with a strong emphasis on recycling and reusing.
- Working in partnership with key organisations such as Early Years Scotland, Scottish Social Services Council and the Care Inspectorate
- Providing training opportunities to encourage staff development
- Promoting healthy eating
- Promoting the importance of free, child led and outdoor play
- Actively pursuing fundraising opportunities
- Ensuring that the Playgroup & Toddlers collaborates and works effectively with other community groups within the village.
We actively strive to uphold our values which are:
- To be welcoming and friendly
- To offer equality of opportunity for all
- To encourage participation /involvement of parents and carers
- The provision of high quality, affordable childcare
- To be user-managed
- To be responsive to user’s needs
- To work in partnership with parents and carers
- To have a professional, well trained staff team
We are a registered Scottish Charity : Number SCO13990